Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Ric Rac Dahlia Brooch

Sometimes I look at a project sheet and think I just know how to make it without actually reading each step of the directions.  This was one of those times.  I skimmed over the directions, cut out my necessary supplies and sat down at the sewing machine and started to put this thing together.  However, unless you are just that good (and honestly that might not even be good enough)...this project is not one that can be done on the sewing machine.  So, I had to rip out all my mistakes, curl up in front of the tv with a needle and thread and make this the old fashioned way.  I still wasn't able to get all 2 yards of ric rac stitched into this brooch...more like a yard and a third at the most.  And that was a challenge in itself.  I guess it turned out ok...I am not that big on wearing a brooch, so I guess this will become a gift.  I am not sure I will make another one though.  It did take about an hour to stitch the whole thing (including the button) and since I am not smart enough to use a thimble, my fingers were pretty sore when I was done.  How did those women do it????

This project was provided by Hannah Kopacz and http://www.madewithlovebyhannah.com/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment