Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gathered Apron

As you can probably tell from the last apron project, I love making aprons.  I was excited to see another project sheet for a different apron.  Although, after finishing this one, I will say that I like the tea towel apron better.  I think it's because I am not great at folding the ribbon over a seam, lining it up and making sure I catch the ribbon on both sides.  I always have a few spots where I missed the ribbon on the back side.  Regardless, this did turn out pretty cute.  A little long for me, but I am only 5'1"...so, it is probably the perfect length for people of a more normal height.  Plus, I made this a little more difficult than it had to be.  I had the perfect dessert fabric that I wanted to use, but I only had it in fat quarters.  Since it wasn't big enough, I just pieced it with polka dot fabric to make sure I would be able to use it. 

This project was provided by Singer Sewing Company at http://www.singerco.com/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment