Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

F2f: The truth is...

The truth is I had planned to weigh in every Monday and then blog about my progress, but here it is Thursday afternoon and I haven't blogged about it yet.  Here's the deal.  Last week, my monthly gift arrived.  It didn't stay long, but it sure caused a lot of chaos while it was here.  I won't go into details, but I will say that I did lose my ability to think rationally for a small amount of time and may or may not have made a batch of Ghiradelli Double Fudge Brownies at 8:30 at night...allegedly.  Luckily, I regained control of my ability to make sane decisions and I took them to work the next morning to avoid finishing off the whole pan by myself.  Crisis averted.  Whew!!


So, I was really feeling OK about it all when I went to weigh in Monday morning until I actually stepped on the scale.  WHAT?!?  I had gained a pound back. 


I convinced myself it was all water weight and I would be able to blog about my real weight loss if I just waited a day or two.  But, last night I realized that I am just fooling myself.  A week is a week is a week...I can't just stretch the week out because it didn't go my way.  So, I will stand up and take it. 


I gained a pound.


I hope everyone else had a better week than I did.  AND I hope we don't do this again.

1 comments:

The Incredible Shrinking Woman

Uh, NOPE on the having a better week than you. In the same stinking boat. Except without the excuse of the gift. Had that week one. ;)
Hope that makes you feel better! But know that we are on the right track to get where we want to go. It's just going to be detoured a little. Especially when brownies are in the oven.... mmmmmmmmmmm!

Post a Comment