Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Patchwork Drawstring Bag






Anytime I approach a project, I like to have a use in mind before picking out my fabrics. My first thought on this bag was that it would be big enough to stick a few pairs of flip flops in and toss it in my suitcase when traveling. So, I started picking out fabrics that would match my suitcases. Then, once I actually read the project sheet, I realized the only shoes this bag would hold would be doll shoes. Finished, this drawstring bag is 8" x 8". My feet aren't nearly that small. So, I put the brown and turquoise fabrics back and started over. What could I possibly do with such a small bag? I finally realized this bag would be the perfect size to carry all my computer cords. Perfect!! Hopefully I won't have the frustration of all these cords in my tote bag that unravel and get in the way every time I take the laptop out or try to put the laptop back. Now the power cord, the camera cord, the iPod cord and the phone cord will be tucked away in this cute little bag. It was very easy to make. In fact, the most time consuming steps where cutting out the fabrics and patchworking the front and back. The actual bag itself took about 20 minutes to put together. I might have to make one to match each one of my totebags.


This project was provided by Ayumi Takahashi, Pink Penguin at http://www.ayumills.blogspot.com/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment