Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Teapot Cozy

It has been rainy and cold around here for about a month, so I have been drinking a lot of hot tea these days.  That means the tea pot is sitting out on the stove every day and now I have something to cover it up with.  This was pretty quick and easy to make.  I didn't use bias tape around the lower edge, instead I just tucked the raw edges in and hemmed it.  I think it turned out just fine like that.  I also didn't line it, but you could use a heat resistant lining material to be able to use it when the teapot is still warm.  I only plan on having it on the tea pot when I am not using it, so I just didn't bother with the liner.  Either way, this makes a great gift for a friend or family member.  It's quick, easy and you could personalize it with an initial or name on the front. 

This project was provided by Ann DeOtte at http://www.stilldottie.com/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment