Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Felt Photo Album Cover

I cheated on this one a little bit and didn't make it out of felt.  I don't normally work with felt because I don't really like felt.  I can't believe how many of these project sheets want you to make all of this stuff with felt.  So, I am revolting.  I am rising up against the felt lovers of the world and refusing to join them.  I like fabric. So, I made my album cover out of a heavy weight home decor fabric.  I think it is much cuter than felt and will keeps it adorable appearance longer.  Felt tends to show it's age and with a brag book like this one that will be taken in and out of my purse, I don't want it to show it's wear and tear.

Now I will step down from my soap box and move on.  This is such a great project.  So quick and there are so many possibilities to make this unique.  I just bought a small brag book photo album from the dollar store and used up some fabric scraps I had laying around and now it looks like a million bucks.  Ok, maybe not a million bucks, but definitely worth more than a dollar now.

This project was provided by Emily Montgomery at http://www.thepaperseed.com/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment