Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snuggly Ribbon Blanket

I was kind of excited when I saw this project.  This one is not actually new to me.  I have made these before for friends and family when there is a new baby on the way.  So, a challenge...this was not.  But, what great timing.  A friend of mine recently had twins..a boy and a girl.  Hence, I immediately knew who I could make these for.  I wanted to embroider their names on the minky side of the blankets, but as I said last week...I am reorganizing my sewing room and can't get to the embroidery machine right now.  Maybe next time.  I wanted to make them different, but the same (since they are twins and all)...so I used the same front piece of fabric that works for boys or girls and backed one with a blue minky dot and the other with a pink minky dot.  I also used some of the same ribbons for both...but added more blue ribbons on the boy blanket and more pink ribbons on the girl blanket.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  This really is not a complicated project to put together, but can be a little time consuming when cutting out, pinning the ribbons and basting the ribbons.  Still, it didn't take that long.  Plus, I know my nephews and cousins loved these.  It is just the perfect size for an infant to cuddle with and all the ribbons make it easy for the baby to grab on to the blanket...you know, since they are still figuring out how their hands work.


This project was provided by Sarah Mikkelsen at http://www.themikkelsens.net/sarah/journal/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment