Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Buried in Projects




AHHHHH!! I cannot believe it has almost been two weeks since my last post. I am getting very, VERY, far behind in this challenge. Are you ready for the excuses??? Here's the deal. "I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. It wasn't my fault, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!" Oh wait, maybe that was the Blues Brothers...not me. Seriously, here is the truth. My viewpoint on how quickly I can accomplish something tends to stretch the bounds of reality, almost to a breaking point. In my mind, I am a superstar...I can accomplish ten times the things I can in reality. The biggest problem is that my mind tends to win every time I battle with my reality. Hence, I bite off WAY more than I can chew!!! So, in the midst of my very-busy-never-have-enough-time-to-actually-finish-a-project schedule, I decided my sewing room could not continue to go on in the shape it is in. What shape is that you ask? DISASTER AREA!!






I am a little embarrassed to show you these pictures, because...well...look at them...WHAT A MESS! I swear I am not a slob!!! Anyway, as you can tell...it was time for a room makeover. So, I am in the process of rearranging and reorganizing this room. My sewing room should be my sanctuary, not my downfall. I need it to work with me instead of the other way around. Unfortunately, things had to get worse before they get better...so I won't even let you see how bad it is now while I am working on it. But, in a nut shell, I have very few places I can even walk in the room.




I am very hopeful, however, that by the end of the weekend I will have it looking clean, mean and pristine and I will proudly show off those pictures. Also, and perhaps I am being a little over ambitious...wouldn't be the first time, I hope to be fully caught up by Monday with the sewing challenges. So, keep posted...I should have a lot of new posts over the weekend!! (Keep your fingers crossed!!)







0 comments:

Post a Comment