Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sewn Invitations

So there I was, all dressed up, ready to party and no place to invite you to.  And by all dressed up, I mean chilling at home in my oh-so-comfy yoga pants, an oversized "Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU" T-shirt and hot pink slippers that don't match anything else I have on.  And by ready to party, I mean popcorn is popped, the blanket is calling my name and the DVR is full and ready to entertain.  But, I digress.


Over the last few years, I have watched the scrapbooking movement grow and grow and almost take over some of the craft stores in our area.  I refused to join in this hobby.  As you can see from the last post, I have a room full of fabric and sewing supplies...I certainly don't need another room full of paper and scrapbooking supplies.  However, I do like that this mixes the two together.  Some scrapbooking and some sewing.  I probably wouldn't make a stack of invitations this way, but for this one invite...it was a fun and different project from what I am used to. (Except for the sewn valentines card I made a few weeks ago) 


It wasn't difficult by any means...but it was a little time consuming.  Cutting out the designs from the fabric...interfacing the fabric pieces...the gluing and the sewing.  Not that this took an hour, but if I was making twenty or thirty birthday invitaions or worse....like wedding invitations....I could see this becoming an all day affair.  For those of you who aspire to achieve that goal, cheers to you!!  I shall have a drink in your honor.


This project was provided by Kathy Beymer at http://www.merrimentdesign.com/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment