Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Recycled Bath Mat



A few years ago, I moved into a new house. The guest bathroom was in need of a shower curtain and no matter where I looked...I couldn't find the right one. I really wanted something with red in it, but not solid red. It seemed like everything I saw had either a maroon tint or a salmon tint to it. So, luckily, my wonderful mom stepped up and made me the perfect shower curtain for the room. I was able to find a great bath mat that worked. Red shag bath mat in the perfect matching color. However, my rambuncious not-so-little puppy, Duchess, felt the need to unravel it a few months ago. Needless to say, the guest bath has been incomplete for awhile now. So, when I saw this project sheet, I immediately had my fabric picked out without even having to go into my sewing room. (That never happens!!) I didn't have a black towel, but I was able to find a great deal at K-Mart on a cheap costing yet not cheap feeling towel. I am so thrilled with the way it turned out. Next up, I am going to replace the bath mat in the master bath with one of these. This time around, I won't overestimate my ability to line up both sides of the edging fabric. I did have to restitch a few spots on this bath mat. So, I recommend you stitch down one side first before folding the fabric over to the other side and top stitching it in place.
This project was provided by Kristen Couse of http://www.cakehousedesign.com/ and http://www.thenewnew.blogspot.com/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment