Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lunch Bag with Wristlet


I was really excited when I saw this project sheet. Since I became a vegetarian in July, I have started packing my lunch...almost every day. I have a lunch bag that I bought, but now I have a few new ones!! This bag was pretty easy to make. I made two because when I was cutting out the first one (the black and white one), I cut the front pocket in the wrong direction and had to improvise. Also, I lined it with white vinyl which made the bag feel very thick. So, I decided to give it another shot (the brown and blue one), following each step of the directions. This one is lined with the same polka dot fabric that is used for the wristlet and the enclosure strap. I did trim the height down on both of these from the pattern. The exterior fabrics were heavy weight and made it difficult to velcro the enclosure strap...too bulky. Regardless, I thought they both turned out really cute. I am excited to use them!!

This project was provided by Melissa Esplin of IS.LY at http://www.melissaesplin.com/.







UPDATE: My niece saw this post and asked for a lunch bag in the blue and brown. Of course, I couldn't say no. I did make some changes in the way I made the bag. I made it wider, because the two above only ended up being about 2-3 inches wide. I made her bag 5 inches wide...gotta have room for the tupperware in there. Also, I wasn't really fond of the top and the closure on this pattern, so I made a velco flap for closure instead. Just thought I would show off my take on this pattern.

0 comments:

Post a Comment