Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Yoga Mat Bag


This was a fun (and very simple) project to do. Actually, I made two of them. The first one I made exactly as I was told (like a good catholic school girl)...but, it ended up too short and the yoga mat is sticking out the top of the bag. That'll teach me to follow directions!! I was pretty bummed it didn't fit perfectly because I really love this pink and chocolate floral fabric, but I am sure there is a lonely, naked yoga mat out there somewhere that will fit perfectly in this bag...I just have to find it.

So, I set that one aside and decided to give it another shot. The directions tell you to add 2" for seam allowances, but I decided to add 5". This way I would have plenty of room to get the yoga mat all the way in the bag and if I wanted to toss my car keys or even my wallet in there, I could. My second bag turned out much better (in my opinion). Not only does it remind me of Burberry plaid, but it was much more accomadating to the yoga mat with room to spare. Now all I have to do is join a yoga class so I can show off my cute new yoga accessory. Namaste!!



This project was provided by Meream Pacayra at http://boredandcrafty.com/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment