Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

What is the Challenge?

After putting forth a great deal of effort to avoid a sewing room all my life, I finally decided a few years ago I was ready to give it a try. My mother was gracious enough to teach me how to sew, how to read and understand a sewing pattern and eventually how to tweek a pattern into my own design. I have spent the last few years perfecting my ability to sew things like purses, totebags, and various other accessories. I even quilted a few blankets, nothing fancy but still was quite an accomplishment that I was proud of. I have also dabbled a bit in making clothing, mostly for my wonderful niece Brooke. But, now it is time to learn and grow. I want to expand my sewing horizons and see what other areas I might enjoy and which ones I might not.



THE CHALLENGE: Recently I purchased a desktop calendar with 100+ sewing project ideas including the how-to project sheet for each one. So, twice a week I will have a new project and hopefully if all goes well a new final product. Some of the projects shouldn't be too challenging, while others could be the death of me. Please check back from time to time to follow my progress as I sew my way through this calendar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment