Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Pinwheel Quilted Coasters

As I am sure you have figured out, my calendar does actually start on January 1st and since today is January 15th...I am already two weeks behind (story of my life)!! So, my goal is to be on schedule with the projects by the end of January. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.





I was so excited when I opened the calendar to see this first project. I felt relieved because I thought these coasters wouldn't pose much of a challenge for me. Boy, was I wrong!! I haven't done much quilting, but I always thought if I wanted to I could and it wouldn't be a big deal. But it is. And I couldn't...not very well, anyway. I made two attempts at these coasters and while I like the way they look from afar...they are a hot mess up close. Quilting is HARD!!! So, to all you quilters out there...Cheers!! Y'all are amazing!



These coasters are supposed to be quilted along each seam within the pinwheel. My seams don't line up evenly, so I topstitched around the edge only. I am sure I will be able to put these coasters to good use, but I need to improve my technique before I try to make these as a gift.

This project was provided by Ellen Luckett Baker at http://www.thelongthread.com/.

My next project will be a yoga mat bag, so be sure to check bag and see how it turns out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment